Assessment & Therapy
The Riverston Children’s Centre has teams that include speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, therapy assistants and specialist teachers.
We carry out diagnostic and multi-disciplinary assessments and consultations. Our therapists are fully qualified and use the latest and most up-to-date evidence based practice in their interventions and work in a holistic manner, ensuring that therapy goals are functional, achievable and sustainable.
Furthermore, our therapists see the importance of integrating therapy targets and goals into the child’s everyday routine and strive to work closely with parents, schools and teachers in order to ensure the maximum potential of the child is reached.
Our therapists are committed to best practice as outlined by the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists and Health Care Professions Council.
The Centre’s therapists support children with a range of needs including:
- Receptive and expressive language delays/disorders
- Specific language impairments
- Sensory processing difficulties/disorders
- Speech delays and disorders including dyspraxia
- Specific learning difficulties including dyslexia, dyscalculia and dysgraphia
- Global learning difficulties
- Voice disorders
- Non- fluency
- Attention and auditory processing deficits
- Autistic spectrum disorders
- Emotional and behavioural difficulties
- Hearing impairments
- Gross and fine motor impairments
- Visual perceptual difficulties
- Feeding difficulties