Riverston Training Academy offers a wide range of courses through the Riverston Children’s Centre, both UK university accredited and non-accredited.
These training courses are specifically designed to support teachers, healthcare professionals and parents working with children with additional learning needs as well as children with mild to moderate special educational needs.
Some of our courses carry credit recognition at Masters level learning and can lead to a full MA in SEN-D in conjunction with Anglia Ruskin University. Our courses are suitable for both parents and education and health professionals.
Examples of workshops, CPD and insets we have run for both schools and parents include:
- Effective Strategies to Support Language and Communication for Under 5s
- Living with children with communication needs –The role of the family and home environment
- Autism and communication – Communication and interaction with children who have autism
- Target setting – Developing SMART goals/outcomes in the educational/clinical setting
- Behaviour Management Strategies
- Developing an integrated and holistic learning programme
- Effective Strategies to Support Language and Communication for 6-12 year olds
- Communication and Behaviour – Creating a positive communication environment
- Specific Language Impairment (SLI) – Communication and learning in children who have SLI
- Working with students with specific learning difficulties – differentiation and inclusion
- Sensory integration – an introduction to sensory responses
- Working with children with communication needs –The role of the teacher within the classroom setting
- Augmenting communication – Interacting with children who are non-verbal communicators
- Auditory Processing Disorders (APD) – Communication and interaction for with children who have APD
- Making mainstream education accessible for pupils with specific learning difficulties
- High Functioning Autism – an introduction
For details of accredited courses including postgraduate Masters level learning please contact us.
For more information on the Riverston Training Academy please visit http://www.riverstongroup.com/Training-Academy/